Hello! My name is Anita and I'm a Webelos 1 leader for my Pack along with Advancement Chair and a Unit Commissioner Reserve for the Council. I am a proud Wood Badge bead holder as I was part of C4-463-12 put on the Greater Western Reserve Council in 2012. I was one of the youngest Scouters that they've seen go through Wood Badge as I was a 20 at the time. And I started as a leader with the Pack when I was 18 years old (now currently 23).

Unlike the typical Leader, I did not begin in Cub Scouts due to any my own children since I didn't have any (Although I am now a proud mother to an adorable 7-1/2 month old future Cub Scout!). I have 4 nephews and at the time my oldest nephew (who is now a Boy Scout) was a Bear and his younger brother was beginning Scouts. My sister decided she wanted to be a leader (since she wishes she did with her older son) and me (fresh out of high school and starting college) mentioned "I wish there was an assistant position! I'd totally help." and she told me "Well, I think there actually is, I'll find out"... And it's all history from there!

Our core leaders in our Pack are awesome and we did a complete 360 with this Pack. It's amazing to see what we've managed to do in such a small amount of time. And after our Blue & Gold ceremony in February, I will be taking over as Cubmaster!

I'm super excited to have found this forum! I'm hoping I can help with ideas, get some ideas and have some help in some areas as I start moving around the forum :)

"Venturing" as we know it today has been around co-ed since the early 1970's. It was under the Exploring program and there were many General Interest posts all over the place. In the last 1990's, they repackaged the program into Venturing. The career posts went one direction (Learning for Life, I believe) and the hobby, general interest posts became Venturing.

Welcome

Stosh

"Venturing" as we know it today has been around co-ed since the early 1970's. It was under the Exploring program and there were many General Interest posts all over the place. In the last 1990's, they repackaged the program into Venturing. The career posts went one direction (Learning for Life, I believe) and the hobby, general interest posts became Venturing.

Welcome

Stosh

I do remember learning about that in my Wood Badge presentation I had to do during the second weekend. But of course, I knew nothing about it when I was of the age and I don't think there were any in my area, or at least that my parents would drive me too! :)

• 2 weeks later...