What to do with old belt loops when new program will be using different ones?

So I inherited quite the inventory of belt loops for the Sports and Academics program when I became Cubmaster 3 years ago. We have been using them as the boys earn them and tryig not to but new ones until they are earned. I even have a small supply of BS Belt Loops from the 80's. Question, what are you planning on doing with these old belt loops starting with the program changes slated for May 2015?

What is your current Web 1's planning on doing next year? If they are finishing under the old program I would hold out the ones they can earn. They may be hard to purchase next year.

For the others I wwould have a beltloop camping trip. Where you work on belt loops to use up your inventory. Assume you have 4 of one and 5 of another etc. Break the participants up so that you will not need to buy more. I would also tell the den leaders what you have so that they can plan their meetings to use them up. The key is using them up w/o needing to buy any.

As Sidney pointed out. What are the Webelos Is going to do as Arrow of Light Scouts? Continue on current program till they crossover or start in with the new program? I would opt for staying with current program. That means you get with the Webelos I Den Leader now and start planning what needs to happen for rank and what needs to be done. Then you figure out all the beltloops needed. Remember, you do not need to re-award the beltloop if re-earned for a Webelos Activity Badge. They can go for the Pin part of the Beltloop too, instead.

Once you figure out all needed beltloops, you turn in the rest to your local Scoutshop. They should give you a gift card with the $$ turned in. Then you save that for your next purchase for the Pack. More than likely you could use it for the Webelos II Crossover.

Go to District Round Table and talk it up. Trade with other Packs, sort out what they want to earn, etc. Talk to the District folks and offer your Pack to help organize a District Cub Field Day, and see how many you can pass around there!