Welcome the Pathway to Adventure Council. This is the result of a merger between the Chicago Area Council, Des Plaines Valley Council, Northwest Suburban Council, and Calumet Council.. That is one big council in area and numbers. We'll see how it goes.

MBCs are usually managed by district. So, troops usually get a listing of only those within their district. So generally, you aren't likely to get a call from 150 miles away.

As far as I know, however, that does not preclude you from counseling a scout from the opposite side of the country.

Welcome the Pathway to Adventure Council. This is the result of a merger between the Chicago Area Council' date=' Des Plaines Valley Council, Northwest Suburban Council, and Calumet Council.. That is one big council in area and numbers. We'll see how it goes.[/quote']

So does that refer to the pathway north to Wisconsin where all the cool stuff is? :D

In all seriousness, I hope it works out for the best. There seem to be a lot of mergers lately in this general area. While I don't have and personal experience, I know folks in my council who came from the new Michigan-wide entity. They didn't care for it.