Do your Scouts have games/competitions?

During your Troop meetings, do your Scouts participate in games/competitions? If so, what are their favorites?

My Scouts do. Their favorite right now is Spud. They got the idea from the Troop Resources manual. I'm just fishing for other ideas to feed them. I started limiting Spud to every other meeting.

I have suggested the idea of interpatrol competition to the PLC but they prefer running around outside playing Ghost in the Graveyard. I'm not eve sure what that is...

When I was a youth we like playing steal the bacon. And once every year our whole Troop would go to someone's private land and play capture the flag--each patrol was a team.

But as far as the Troop meetings...No, my Scouts don't like competitions.

we have several from learning scout skill ones to just normal games. Their favorite fun game is dodge socks. I think their favorite skill one is the first aid challenge where we come up with different scenes and the patrols have to do what is needed and get or lose points... winning patrol gets the ribbon on their patrol flag until next time. They also go bowling once a year.

The Troop Program Features books now have a section with something like a hundred games. There are plenty of good ones. One I think is a riot to watch is blind folded soccer. Scouts are in pairs. One is blind folded and can kick the ball while the other can see the ball but can't kick it. They have to talk to each other, or more like shout at each other.