"Dual Citizenship" or Participating in Two Wings of the Movement

I was just thinking it's fine to be in either or both. We just can't make it a cafeteria scouting program where we pick and choose what we want. We can be leaders in both, but when working for one ... you are in that one.

"Adult leaders" ... Fully hugely agreed. I also hate the terms Scoutmaster and Cubmaster. Guide, advisor, coach or mentor seems to better describe the role. IMHO, "master" and "leader" derails the intent before learning the details.

100% with ya, Fred....On both. :D

I signed up for my daughter's GS Troop. Took the online training and did help out a bit. But, it became very evident that if you are male, your not wanted. So, I stopped. A friend of mine who is a CC at a local Troop and female stopped because of all the restrictions the GS puts in the way. Mind you she is Wilderness First Aid trained along with a bunch of normal SM/ASM training you need. They would not take it. So....she left. If it's not GS branded or course given, they do not recognise it.

I however will still buy Thin Mints...;)

I

I however will still buy Thin Mints...;)

I just learned how to make my own. :)

I'm still working on the Somoans (or what's the new PC name for them?)

Stosh

By the way, I still buy from girls in uniform selling cookies. I'm not going to punish the girls because the adults are being rude and arrogant.