"Wood Badge" For Cub Scouters

<>

I began as a volunteer with Boy Scouts, and I've always been interested in recruiting more Boy Scouts. However, the most effective way to do that in my experience is to grow Cub Scouts who will become Boy Scouts.

Anyway, the past ten years I've been working mostly with the Cub Scout program.

It would be interesting to see what a WoodBadge like program for Cub Scouting would involve. I've seen a few Cub Scouters take Wood Badge, but not many, and I think Wood Badge shoult be a program aimed at Scouters in the Boy Scout program.

But what should a Wiood Badge like program for Cub Scouts look like, and what might it be called?

I was told that the old CS WB course was designed for trainers, CS RT Commissioners, and other folks who were involved with the development of CS Leaders, not neccessarily direct contact with Cubs.

I would need to talk to one of my friends who did that one, as well as the old BS one.

As an adult I've only been on the Cub Scout side of the program, but I just took Wood Badge a couple months ago and found it to be very informative and worthwhile. I'm not sure why you say it should be more for the Boy Scout side of the program as the leadership development, team building, teaching/learning methods, and program goals all work well for both sides (IMO).

As an adult I've only been on the Cub Scout side of the program' date=' but I just took Wood Badge a couple months ago and found it to be very informative and worthwhile. I'm not sure why you say it should be more for the Boy Scout side of the program as the leadership development, team building, teaching/learning methods, and program goals all work well for both sides (IMO). [/quote']

Hey, PbW! Seattle is spinning off the thread on "21st Century Wood Badge a Thing of the Past". I asked what people would like to see in a new, new version of Wood Badge and some mentioned that it might be a good idea to separate out by programs. There used to a Cub Scouter Wood Badge prior to WB21C, but I don't think any of us really know what it was like as far as the syllabus goes.

Kids are kids regardless of age, Shooting model rockets is fun at 8 and 15

I honestly dont see a need period. I am primarily a CS Leader and will remain one because I love having fun with the kids. I don't think I could ever work hands on with the teen boys of today, therefore I will sit back advise, help the SM when needed and stick to my position of Committee Chairman

<<~~ I'm not sure why you say it should be more for the Boy Scout side of the program as the leadership development, team building, teaching/learning methods, and program goals all work well for both sides (IMO). >>

Well, we have separate Roundtables for Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts. We DON'T have Scoutmaster's for Cub Scouts or Cubmaster's for Boy Scouts ( or we shouldn't anyway).

Seems to me that the programs are different enough that they have, and deserve, different leadership and training.

So WHY have the same Wood Badge course for both? I suspect that it's just easier to lump everyone into one course. I doubt that it's BETTER to lump everyone into one course.