Hello Dave,

Since you asked about the wearers of our former council patch, some didn't do much, but some were real leaders in the former council.

The more interesting problem came when we had to "mothball" one of our two summer ( we have two fully equipped summer camps five miles apart and over a 2 hour drive from the council). Several of our units say they will never go to our council camps again. However, they were the ones most loudly complaining about the one camp before it was mothballed.

Mothballing camps and council mergers are never pretty. Hard feelings come up and last for years and years.

It's too bad, really. When it comes down to it, the Scouts who are the real bottom line, don't know any better . . . until they hear adults grouse about the new, current situation.

DS

Actually ya know what, no one is actually mad. See the Attakapas Councl was about to fall apart, and no other Council would merge with them, so know the Scouts and Scouters can continue in their same place, and we now have a bigger Council. I guess I now shouldn't saw "them and us" now.

I'm with you TA, but I actually do like the politics part, since I do plan to go to college in Law and continue Scouting during time as an Assistant Scoutmaster, or who knows, but definently something in Scouting.

Quite often the youth in any organization know little about politics of the organization. Soccer players know little about the jockeying for practice times or the special favors given to a powerful coach or the power struggles within the organization. All they usually care about is that they can play soccer.

FOG, you may be right in general, but I know most youth lodge leaders know more than they want to about lodge and council politics in many cases. After all, the real secret about the OA is that it is the most capable rumor transmission network since the time when house wives gossiped over the back fence.