• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WeeeeWooo, Weeeewooo, Weeeeewoooo! PC Police here! That is so racist! You ban an entire race of people just because of a few bad apples?

I'd be a happy camper if I had a magic wand and I just waved it and all the annoying people around me would just disappear. Until that time comes, I'm just going to have to suffer slack-jawed fools and unfortunates. My burden in life. :(

Stosh

Before you criticize Spam, have you really given it a chance? Maybe original Spam isn't for you but one of the other varieties will float your boat. Maybe Oven Roasted Turkey Spam, or Teriyaki Spam, or Spam with Bacon, or Spam and Cheese or Hickory Smoked Spam. Maybe you want it hotter? Try Hot and Spicy Spam, or Chorizo Seasoning Spam or Jalapeno Spam or Black Pepper Spam. Or maybe you want a little less - try Spam Lite or 25% Less Sodium Spam.

I just carted last night's and today's shipments of spam out to the trash. At least, I hope I did, half the time it gives me an error message and about 80 percent of THOSE times it actually did what I asked it to, while simultaneously telling me it couldn't. If there is still spam please use the "Flag" button and one of us garbagemen, I mean Super Moderators, will take care of it at our earliest opportunity. By the way, the Swedish one seems to be part of a growing trend toward spam from foreign lands. I love progress.

What can we do about the proliferation of spam on the forum? Is there some sort of screening of new accounts?

I decided to actually answer your questions, even though they sort of got buried under the jokes.

Question 1: Forum members can send flag reports when you see advertising, as several of you already do. I would say the majority of the reports are acted on within 24 hours, most of the remainder within 48 hours. Occasionally a "reported" post will not be removed, because the moderators have (either individually or collectively) decided that it has some merit in a Scouting discussion even though it may also be seeking customers or donations for something. As for the moderators, we can delete posts and threads or move them to where you-all can't see them, and we can also ban the users, though the latter has little real efect because the spam-bots or spam-actual-people can just make new accounts.

Question 2: Not that I am aware of, but keep in mind I am one of the most recent batch of moderators appointed in this forum. Does anyone know differently?