Arrow of Light knot for Scouters--how to get it?

I did look through the forums for this, but if it's there I missed it. Could someone advise how one is to obtain the Arrow of Light knot for adults who earned it as a Cub? My husband did, and he's registered with a troop as an adult leader. His parents are quick to throw things out though (all badges, records, etc were considered as taking up space to his dismay). TIA!

I was not asked for proof either. In fact, I think I asked the Scout-Shop-person whether I needed to bring in my Arrow of Light card from 1969 (which I do have), and I was told no. Cash or charge, was the message. But I think the person also told me that they DO require proof for the Eagle knot, which isn't an issue for me anyway. Maybe some shops do and some don't. I think they probably should, for Eagle.

I was able to get both the Eagle knot and AOL knot with no questions as well. I did show my Eagle card but was told I didn't need to.

Now this shop is a local authorized distributor of BSA merchandise, but basically a private store. I'm told the shop at the Council Office is more particular about what they sell. For example we wanted to get a recruiter strip for one scout, the Council store asked for a copy of the new scout's registration form, the local distributor just sold us the strip. The local distibutor would not sell a BSA Lifeguard patch without a signed card though.

SA

I think that what is checked by the council scout shop folks when purchasing knots, etc. is largely dependant on the person selling it. For the most part, they simply sell it in the belief that no one would wear recognitions they didn't earn or deserve to wear.

Some people are more "picky" than others.

When I was a young District Executive, I tried to purchase a Cub Scout uniform (I'm a little guy) to wear to boy talks in the elementary schools. Our Scout shop manager at the time refused to sell it to me because I wasn't a Cub Scout and therefore couldn't wear the uniform. After she left the employ of the council, I bought a Cub Scout uniform from the new manager, made a cape (of blue and gold satin) and a Zorro mask and Captain Cub Scout was born.

Captain Cub Scout doesn't wear anything on his uniform that Dave Steele didn't earn, however :)

DS

A Scout is trustworthy. Yes, I agree, but I can also understand the need for accountability if it were to be exercised in this situation. I'm really glad it's easy to do because getting records has been a challenge for us.

Captain Cub Scout--love it, Dave! But you do know that adding a cape is not proper uniforming, don't you? ;)(This message has been edited by Laurie)

When i bought my eagle bolo tie i didn't get carded but when i bought my eagle knot i did get carded...i'm 18 so maybe if i was an old guy they might not have carded me lol. I'd be surprised if you would get carded for AOL thats not as protected as the eagle scout award is.

I received my AOL at the Blue & Gold dinner, 1956, Ocean Avenue School, Northport, L.I., N.Y. Had to have been many, many witnesses. Anyone on this forum there at that time? All my paperwork is lost long ago. Allow me to say have a good New Year on this thread, too! Dave J!