Troop Committee Chair - Overbearing

How - exactly - is the CC stepping on those other adult's toes? What is he doing that he should not be?

I suggest the Scoutmaster, or COR, have a friendly talk with him.

A lot depends on what he is/is not doing, and how it is actually affecting the boy's program.

Oh my. I'm Chartered Organization Rep and I do all kinds of things that need to be done that aren't a part of my listed duties.

For example, I organize the fall recruiting campaign and then run the Tiger Cub program until I'm able to find a parent willing and able to take on that task. Often that lasts all year.

If you are stepping on someone elses job duties, that could be a problem. But if you are doing things that need to be done that no one else is doing, I don't see the problem.

So you've have to be more specific about your grievances.

Get rid of him

I'm hoping that is not a serious comment. You wouldn't advise someone to "get rid" of another Scouter based on one post that is, frankly, vague about what the actual problem is, right? (And that is leaving aside the fact that unless the original poster is the IH or CR, he cannot "get rid" of the CC in any event.)

It is impossible to solve a problem that one knows nothing about. From what I can tell this is the OP's first post and newbie to the forum. How do we know it's not a troll?

If not a troll, please be so kind as to give the forum some clarification so they quit tossing out random solutions to an unknown problem.

Stosh

The OP could very well be talking about me. I am a squeaking wheel and the only one currently willing to be CC. Without my signature on the charter come December 31 there is no Troop. (As you all know I am IH, CM and DL as well). To the OP, my new SM and ASM are fresh out our IOLS (intro training) and have no clue what GTA and GTSS mean, so yes I am sure I come across as overbearing.

I'd hope for some actual evidence of 'trolling' before I tossed that term at someone. Just because someone didn't include enough info doesn't make them a bad person. Give the OP a chance to reply with the info and keep the name-calling tucked away somewhere out of sight.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...