Been a while folks.

troop has outgrown my desired number of 36........now at 50. with probably another 20 or so joining in the february march time frame, as we hosted a fall webelos campout and ended up with webelos from 3 different packs. Our webelos leader shared the info at roundtable and the phone started ringing........I am not gonna turn away a boy.

gotta laugh, there is some serious butthurt around the district about it....but that is another story.

Patrol method is beginning to take hold and the boys are starting to get it. We generally have 2 or 3 patrol outings a month in addition to the troop outing. Hikes, festivals, fairs, community events, swimming, merit badge clinics, rappelling and local park programs have been on the menu, yes, one patrol even went and played paintball, found out after the fact, they had a blast.

Still no money as the rich folks a crossed the beltway have us blocked out of fundraising in their suburb. Found a business man who has help me a bit raising money for much needed tenting and various expenses.

We needing to buy a trailer as we have out grown the church vans and pickup truck combo we currently use. And no we are not going to do a bunch of stupid crap with is like mount a shower unit, water heater, battery/solar area lighting, generators, awnings, or flat screen tv's. Just for transporting all that personal gear that goes with 50 people on an outing.

too busy to post much, honestly the questions asked and opinions rendered here don't change that much.

• Upvote 1

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes that was me screaming at the top of my lungs.

If you are in an area that doesn't snow much, I got a great fundraiser for you: Snow Shoveling Insurance. If it snows your Scouts will dig out the snow. Heard about a unit in Louisiana, and they only had to go out and shovel snow once, when the Saints won the Super Bowel. :p

Don't do that again. I really missed you. Just not the same without your smiling face. Really could have used your expertise over in the "are den dues excessive" thread. It would have been fun.

That was an incredibly funny thread......All I gotta say is wow. She's something, and I need to thank the Lord my CC and Committee have given me support to rid our unit of this sort of human refuse. All of my parents who were problems have been asked to leave or have seen the light in what we are trying to accomplish after several parent meetings.

Patrol method is more than a noble idea or chapter in a training manual. The boys can and will train, plan and lead each other if you allow them too. Rarely is it pretty, but the boys don't care......it is their program and they love it for what it is. They own every success and failure.

Good show BD. (Re: your boys. Not your attitude towards naive cub parents.)

Maybe I should spend time applying what I learned from the forums. And less time reading and replying.

Now for the hard part: training your replacement. ;)

Naive cub parents.....pssssssssssssst

That gal is a BORED wealthy stay at home catholic school soccer mom. A sad sad thing to read.

The best advice I ever got was start looking for your replacement as soon as your in the job. There is a Prospective tiger dad who was a life scout in the pipe, I will start working him bear year and make sure I shake his hand and say hi every week at the meeitngs.

My adult situation has improved, I got 2 additional adults as asm who actually passed the BSA background check. So there are 4 of us on outings now.