cub scout pants too big :(

My oldest son and younest used regular Wally World navy blue pants most of the their time in Cubs. I bought some uniform pants last year and love them because the belt loops are larger and it is not such a struggle to get belt and bling on. They are good pants and he can wear them for school or play as well. Check with your cub master to see what is customary in your pack. If the CM is inflexible to your situation find another pack.

My oldest bought a pair of pants that were too big in both waist and legs. Hemmed them up without cutting the legs so that was fixed.

Wife took in the waist, but the pants have barely noticeable pleats in them now. Then as he grows, he can let them out.

Many moon ago, I was in the HS marching band. We had uniforms that were the usual, pseudo West Point , shako hat type uniform, and they were 100% worsted wool. There was some range of sizes, but generally, they were ALL big. Big even for the seniors who doubled in the football team. We were told we could tailor them to our taste, so long as we did NOT cut any material. Trouser waists were taken in, cuffs taken up, steam ironing took out the creases. Worsted wool is very forgiving, it turns out. We wore suspenders, first time I used them and learned how adaptable they are. Everyone had RED or GREEN or BLACK suspenders, depending on your section.

Maybe we can urge BSA to award SUSPENDER loops!