The new cub program is up!

http://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2014/09/29/2015-16-cub-scout-requirements/

I'm still looking through the program. (Halfway through bear right now.) I like the way the program looks for my boy, but it looks like more work than the current program! Maybe it's just different. I'm glad to see more emphasis on the out doors. My little boy will join wolf this February and then do the new program for bears, I guess. My husband was excited by the "Cyber Chip".

I see they took the "Cyber Chip" off of the Bobcat requirements since last time. But it's still a part of every rank requirement. Also, the names of each ranks's "Duty to God" adventure has been renamed (to include the phrase "Duty to God").

Without making a new thread on this topic, can someone help me out? I am making a guide for our leaders that'll condense the basics of the new program. I've went through 20 different pages I know grabbing info and comparing, including the new requirements (adventures.) I know belt loops, pins and immediate recognition items are going away, with new adventure loops and pins taking their place. I read the reasoning, saw some of the Webelos titles for pins they can aim to earn presently are also going away. My question is, is there a list somewhere of the awards that are not going away? Ones that will br recognized and will still be obtainable? Examples: Leave No Trace Award, Whittling Chip, Outdoor Activity Award, etc. I may have overlooked it, information overload today, lol. Thanks!

Lol, well looking for less helpful but better than nothing - have you seen any info on any one of them, at least? I've seen so many aspects covered, including how many awards no longer tie directly to the scouting principals/basics/what have you (which is where I'd have thought they would go into more detail) but so far, nothing.

• Downvote 1

All the old patches/awards are staying (except Leave No Trace, that already left, look at Outdoors Ethics). Those extra awards that require wolf/bear achievements or belt loops/pins will have their requirements rewritten prior to May 2015.

KDD, whoever has that mentality, I'd love to swap lives with them for a bit. (Yes, I know there are plenty out there!) I have to just about sign away my soul to get time off to do all my den meets and attend one camp out a year, night shift is not ideal for scouting but we make it work! However, if I'm taking and paying for a trip to Philmont just to answer some questions, I better be hitting a lot more locations on the way there since I can't even do that for a normal vacation :p

Thank you Fehler! I knew I'd read about that sometime before (LNT) but it totally slipped my mind when making this guide. Adding in that bit for now, at least they'll know its a work in progress.

Appreciate it you two and again, apologies for hijacking :)

Count me as majorly disappointed the Belt Loop program is going away. This new Adventure Loop program doesn't seem as good. It appears the new loops are earned for doing requirements and electives withing the ranks. My question that I haven't seen answered in the new program materials is: Since adventure loops are now earned for doing electives within the ranks, does that mean arrow points are also going away?