Scout Leader Knots

Good morning - first post.

I have been an Den Leader since my son and I joined at Tiger - now I am Webelos 2 DL.

Have been very invovled with our Pack with organizing a few events/outings, promoted and was able to get several leaders to attend various training, I've attended Pow Wow (Cub Collage) every year, am up on all my training, attend summer res. camp each year, am currently a RT Commisioner, our pack has been awarded summertime pack awards, have usually made silver or gold J to E to name a few.

I only have one knot on my uniform and would like to get caught up with what I have earned.

I been looking at the various knots but was hoping I could get someone to point me in the right direction what I have earned so I don't miss any of them.

With the knot program changing over the years it's not completly clear what's available.

Also is there training/activities I should be considering that I might be close to other awards to put in for?

I may have done them it's just that i don't know the activity was associated to a knot.

Thanks for the help and looking forward to looking around the forum to take my DL game to the next step.

The council office should have the forms that outline the requirements for the awards. Check with your DE and/or go on-line and check out these forms to see if what you have been doing qualifies you. Some are earned and some are awarded. Also remember that some of these knots can be earned multiple times. For Cub Scouts and again for Boy Scouts, then again for Venturing, etc. They have little devices to indicate which of the programs the knot represents.

Stosh

Also remember, you must have been registered for that position. Example: You are registered as Assistant Cubmaster. You fill in because there is not a Webelos Den Leader for 1 year. Even if you did all the work, it will not count because you were not registered in that position. This link will also give you requirements for knots that have been retired.

Gabby,

if you had not started paperwork before now, I will only outline the current options. There are two you should review requirements for. The Scouter and Den Leader Training awards. If you meet the requirements you can apply for the Den Leader award 4 times. You would only wear one knot but it would get 4 device pins (one for each level) Or you can apply for the Scouter training award for two years of tenure and two Den Leader years. The tenure in the position should only be claimed once, so you should not claim the Scouter and all 4 Den leader awards...

http://www.scouting.org/filestore/training/pdf/511-057_WB.pdf

http://www.scouting.org/filestore/training/pdf/511-052_WB.pdf

Thank you for your service to Scouting.

Also remember, you must have been registered for that position. Example: You are registered as Assistant Cubmaster. You fill in because there is not a Webelos Den Leader for 1 year. Even if you did all the work, it will not count because you were not registered in that position. This link will also give you requirements for knots that have been retired.

Actually ... It's not 100% that clear cut. Often scouters don't know their actual registration because a membership person takes care of that. I've seen it happen. A WDL was registered as a DL or even still a TDL or a committee member. Just no one ever switched their registration. "IF" you were the recognized leader by your pack for that position then I've seen the council give people credit for that. The decision was made by the council director of advancement. Plus, you still had to do the time and get the training and meet the other criteria.

The only big big no-no that I've seen is trying to get the credit for two knots for the same time served or cheat on the duration served. I know people who have done that too. That's the one that irks me.