Holding two positions at once

I currently hold 2 positions. One is Eagle Coordinator and the other is Vice-Chair of programming I am checking to see if there are any reasons why I can not hold both positions at the same time. The problem that is being brought to me is that I report to the Advancement chairperson who the reports to me as the vice chair. So they saying there is a conflict here. I don't believe there are

any guidelines or rules that say I can't do this.

No, there is no reason that you can't do both jobs. Committee members don't command each other so it's not like you're setting things up for some insubordination showdown or mutiny.

Tell the people who have a problem that any one of them is welcome to take one of the two jobs and watch them all slink away mumbling about how busy they are.

AND: Welcome to the forum!

Are these troop or district positions. Not that it matters. Your position is still committee member, the tasks you've taken on don't matter.

The conflict excuse is about as lame as they come. What are you going to do, approve each other's pay raises?

• Upvote 1

It looks like things are a bit broken out within your District Committee, which is just fine. Our Advancement Chair has a Eagle Coordinator that helps the boys start their projects and takes the submissions of finished projects. The Advancement Chair them coordinates the EBORS. I suspect that is what your doing.

The Advancement Chair does a lot more than Eagle stuff. So, your just reporting what is happening/not happening/trends to the Adv Chair. As for Programing Chair, you oversee a lot more so, I do not see a conflict. The only conflict I could see and I suspect it's not the case, but someone could...is if you proceesed your own Troops Eagles projects at the District Level. Cutting them slack and not for other troops.

If that was the case, then you could delegate that to the Advancement Chair just as you wouldn't be the MBC for your son or not signing his book if you were the SM/ASM.

Sounds like your fine.