District OA Lodge Advisor

In addition to advising the Chapter Chief, the Chapter Adviser needs to recruit and assign Associate Chapter Advisers so that the Chapter Vice Chiefs will each have an adviser. The Chapter Adviser needs to work closely with the Chapter Chief and the rest of the Chapter Executive Council (CEC) - The Chief, Vice Chiefs, and their advisers to ensure the chapter is functional and meets its purpose.

Congratulations, Jason! It is quite the honor to be asked, even more so if the Lodge has been struggling. Remember that the youth are the ones making decisions and running their chapter/lodge. Just be there when they have questions and guide them when you think they need guidance. Make good use of Start/Stop/Continue and help them fix the things that seem broken. You want the Lodge to be good but start by helping your Chapter Chief make his Chapter the best in the whole Lodge.

Brotherhood. Cheerfulness. Service. It's pretty simple. Patches are nice but the OA is about those first three things...

• Upvote 1
Received my information packet via email today for this weekends Ordeal and I find it rather odd they need to include what to bring? I mean seriously its a campout! shouldn't they know?

Sorry, but it is not a campout, it's an ordeal. For example, the candidates should not be bringing food, snacks, or cooking gear. They shouldn't be bringing a tent. They should be bringing work clothes, their uniform, and so on.

Sorry' date=' but it is not a campout, it's an ordeal. For example, the candidates should not be bringing food, snacks, or cooking gear. They shouldn't be bringing a tent. They should be bringing work clothes, their uniform, and so on.[/quote'] Well that depends on the Lodge, its size and how it operates. Here Pre-Ordeal is held at summer camp and Ordeal was last weekend. My Chapter had 200+ candidates, probably 700+ for the whole Lodge. Disbursing that many Scouts in the woods in one night would be a grueling feat. Candidates need to bring something to eat Friday night and Sunday morning.