Here's my money saving idea - cancel all Council phone (landline, cellphone) contracts.

Over the past 2 days, I have phoned 3 councils multiple times and spoken to no one. :mad: Their robo messages seem to indicate they prefer e-mail, so let them have email and save us money by removing all phones.

If I don't get any response emails by tonight, I'll tweet Al Gore who will take their internet away. :eek:

Sure they prefer email, it's easier to ignore and/or make excuses about. We had a glitch, etc. In my council, if you sent an email on a Friday morning in the middle of August and expected a response by the same evening, you would have a better chance of Al Gore responding to your snarky tweet. :)

"Hi - I've called and left a couple of messages about making a $150,000 donation from my father's estate at his request but apparently you don't need the money since no one called me back - I'll contact the Girl Scouts instead"

I wonder how much time they would spend frantically searching through their voice mail after that message.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No response to my emails. Yesterday, I was near one of the camps that I was seeking a reservation so I dropped in to see the camp ranger. He wasn't there but he was thoughtful enough to leave a note on his office door with a phone number that I had called in vane. :mad:

I noticed there was an outside group camping there. Rather unusual camp gear.

saucer_panic.jpg

No response to my emails. Yesterday, I was near one of the camps that I was seeking a reservation so I dropped in to see the camp ranger. He wasn't there but he was thoughtful enough to leave a note on his office door with a phone number that I had called in vane. :mad:

I noticed there was an outside group camping there. Rather unusable camp gear.

saucer_panic.jpg

I've seen a couple of troops that carry more "stuff" than that, but from the looks of the main vehicle, it looks like it's from WAY, WAY, WAAAY out of council. Does our local tour permits cover mileage measured in light-years?

Stosh

We could also stop all camperships and trying to serve the urban and underprivileged areas. That's a huge drain on our limited resources. Just focus Scouting on the wealthiest suburbs and increase the production of James West knots.

Sounds like my Council already....We did not run A Summer Camp for 15 years anyways...No Need for Camperships...We prefer our Troops except first years scouts to go out of Council.