Don't Ever, Ever Ring the Bell!

• 9 months later...

Here is a copy of the link just as text

https://mungedwww.youtube.com/watch?v=pxBQLFLei70

Remove the word munged and you have the link.

Trev:  The link itself works on my box.  Will check with an ipad tonight

Edited by John-in-KC

thanks for sharing.  I really enjoyed it.

I'm curious how you used it though..... I can't imagine that you repeated the whole thing.  Can you elaborate?

You have my wheels turning for my last Cubmaster's minute next month.....before summer break

One of our Scouts passed his Eagle board of review just after his 18th birthday but about a week before that he attended his last court of honor as a youth.  Since he was off to college and heading away from his Patrol and Troop, I wanted to give him a few words of encouragement. So I kind of boiled down the Admiral's address into about five minutes, highlighting the key points.  There were plenty of moms, dads, and Scouts in tears when I was done.   :D

thanks for sharing.  I really enjoyed it.

I'm curious how you used it though..... I can't imagine that you repeated the whole thing.  Can you elaborate?

You have my wheels turning for my last Cubmaster's minute next month.....before summer break

Good luck getting the Cubs to understand any of that speech. ;)

well I sure wouldn't go plagiarizing the whole speech word for word.......... I just meant some of the concepts.  Changing the world, starting with making your bed as the 1st job of the day....

and the little guys are smarter than you might think.  They'd understand as much as most younger scouts would....

good on you Lecastor.  That speech was good inspiration, Sounds like you sent him off well.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, blw2!

I didn't plagiarize it either ;) and made it very clear these were the words of the Admiral.  It is, indeed, a very inspirational moment.

Keep on keeping on!  Good luck with the Cubbies! 

• 1 year later...

Thanks, blw2!

I didn't plagiarize it either ;) and made it very clear these were the words of the Admiral.  It is, indeed, a very inspirational moment.

Keep on keeping on!  Good luck with the Cubbies! 

@@LeCastor

if you catch this...I'm still wondering how you used it.  Did you read the transcript or just take some excerpts from it....or did you play the video?

• 1 month later...

@@LeCastor

if you catch this...I'm still wondering how you used it.  Did you read the transcript or just take some excerpts from it....or did you play the video?

Hi!  Sorry for the delay.  That was a LONG time ago, but I recall explaining that it was a speech given by the admiral and I listed what he said and based my SM minute around the general premise.  Reading the transcript would be too long for one minute.  :D