1910 World Crest Ring?

When I went to get my son's new Cub Scout uniform, the woman working in the scout store gathered up the required patches and briefly explained them to me. She included the 1910 World Crest Ring Emblem. I haven't observed many uniforms from our pack, but I did see the CMs uniform this past week. His shirt did not have the added ring around the World Crest patch. Do most Scouts/Scouters wear the ring? I know this is a pretty silly question, but I haven't networked much with other parents in the new pack, so I don't know who else to ask. Thanks.

It's an extra do dad that they made for the 100 years. I have one on one of my uniforms. My son has one on his Cub Scout Uniform but we didn't transfer it over to his Webelos now Scout Uniform. He's got the "Messenger of Peace" ring on that one.

This was a special commemorative patch for the 100th Anniversary year, 2010. Sounds like the Scout Shop is trying to get rid of excess inventory. IMHO, if you weren't a member during the year 2010, you probably shouldn't be wearing it, although it's up to you.

There is a new World Crest ring it is slightly different than the 2010 issue. Do to popular demand national has come out with the new ring, it does not signify anything special like the messengers of peace ring. She should not have included it in with the required patches as its extra and a pain in the butt to put on.

Wow.. if your shop actually has the 1910-2010 patch...I want a couple! I can't find them anymore.
I'm not sure if it's the original ring, or the redesigned one. I can take a picture if you'd like. If its the right one, I can pick some up to mail to you the next time I go to the scout shop.