OA and the aboriginal cultures

There will indeed be discussions about optional ceremonies without the Native American regalia going on at NOAC, but nothing I have heard about requiring such a move. 

If that were to occur, it will come as a huge surprise to many, as about half of the sessions revolve around the traditional induction ceremonies, AIA and creating regalia.

NOAC attendance is down from 2015, not surprisingly since it was the 100th anniversary, but pulling the rug out from under thousands of attendees would do far more damage than letting us know in advance of any moves toward doing away with Native American theme. 

I would be shocked if there was anything more than offering an alternative, and perhaps a discussion of long term possibilities.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(Once again) our Lodge ceremonies has the approval (and over-view) of representatives of the Seminole tribe. Are they authentic? I grew up near a Seminole reservation and I think kinda. Boring too. 

Absolutely.  Like "Why OA?" ... It should be about more than elections and ceremonies.  

Silly @desertrat77, Native Americans are not sophisticated enough to know when their culture is being appropriated. So their approval is irrelevant; others must be offended on their behalf. In fa

Posted Images