Perhaps an opening Citizenship MB discussion question

Perhaps an opening Citizenship MB discussion question  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Your are an elected representative with an upcoming budget session which is the same time that your son is going off on a "scout hike". Seems obvious, but

• I hike Philmont with my son and his patrol.
    • The above plus I schedule a debate with my Democrat opponent at the top of Mt. Baldy
    • All of the above and I return with high adventure stories to tell my constituents.
    • All the above and whup my Democrat opponent in the fall election.
    • I hike Philmont with my son and leave politics
    • attend meeting and miss out on the adventure.
    • attend meeting, come to my senses and leave politics

Nope, I'm saying if you're going to bring up Koch Industries you need to bring up Unions and Sorros and Bloomberg as well just to be balanced. Folks on the left throw around the Koch name without putting any context around their comments or pointing out the money sloshing around both ends of the political spectrum. For example, the woman sitting in Jesse Jackson Jr.'s former house seat was paid for with Bloomberg money.

So if I were using this for Cit Nation: "In the early days of the Republic, our representatives were expected to come home and that politics would not be a career, but rather a service. In addition, the worst thing to happen to American government is arguable air conditioning - it allowed the former swamp turned into Washington Dc to become habitable year-round, turning politics into a year-round endeavor. Idle hands and all that."