What was the best piece of advice that you failed to take?

Two people, the head of a Chartered Organization and the COR, are allowed to register in one additional adult leadership position in a Troop. Several people very politely advised me not do it. Having the IH or COR in another position really throws off the dynamics of the Troop leadership. I didn't listen. They were right. Live and learn.

I don't know if your Chartered Organization is a church, school, or service club. How would you feel if the head of your Chartered Organization volunteered or signed his kids up in a unit from some other church, school, or service club?

I am IH (PTO) and den leader and Cubmaster and play the role of ASM and am now forced to act as CC for the troop. Not good. I have wanted to move my oldest to another troop for almost a year. We have a new SM/ASM team so things may be improving, if they don't I know for sure my Web 1 will not be joining this troop.

I have read many posts on other threads bemoaning the lack of involvement and/or support from the units' Chartered Organization. I would like to think that your example is more representative of the typical IH. Thank you for all your hard work in supporting Scouting.

• 3 weeks later...

David CO -

Our CO is a church and it has a pack and a troop. There's another troop in town as well. Our COR, a friend of mine for many years, sent his only son to the other troop. When I asked him about it, he said he wanted to avoid any appearance of favoritism towards his son, especially since his family belonged to the CO church. His son knows he earned his eagle and wasn't just pushed along because of who his dad is. The dad is still our COR even though his son is now out of college.