When communicating Its When one or a group of knowledgable person(s) speaks with the mistaken assumption that the other person understands what the first person is talking about. ex: Our COR just told our SM to let the CC and the PLC know that the CO has M&Cs for after the TM.

When I was a scout we often said in a Kookie-way "Heh WTF man" to any or all who hastily starting doing something or there was an urgency without a reason because everyone knew WTF was short for "Where's the Fire".

I had been re-educated in recent years that definition has changed. :o

I have a friend who is a professor he was using WTF to mean "What's This For?". He would write it on papers when he was grading and certain sections were irrelavant. Someone poionted out the other meaning. I guess it worked either way. We ended up getting him a rubber stamp with WTF that now sits on his desk

I have a friend who is a professor he was using WTF to mean "What's This For?". He would write it on papers when he was grading and certain sections were irrelavant. Someone poionted out the other meaning. I guess it worked either way. We ended up getting him a rubber stamp with WTF that now sits on his desk

LOL--My son's teacher did this...I thought she was being rather cheeky.

There is a new restaurant in the Tampa are called WTF! (for "Wow That's Fresh") They already had a chain of chicken stripped places called PDQ ("People Dedicated to Quality"). My scout son said "Hey, where they gonna stop for the next one!". :)

I don't understand why so many people are surprised with this short speak. GI, JEEP, SNAFU, D-Day, H-Hour, HQ, etc. from the military, CEO, CFO, HR, R&D, etc. from business. It goes on all over the place. It's just that it's new to more people. Just ask the old secretaries that did dictation with shorthand. They had this stuff down pat!

Stosh