Official Troop Summer Camp Photo - Opt Out??

Official Troop Summer Camp Photo - Opt Out??  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Around here, some troops want to say No Thanks to the customary Sunday afternoon troop summer camp photo. Those troops feel they take better, less expensive photos

• Sure. They already allow that here
    • Yes. Troops take their own photos already.
    • No.

The camp we attend provides an 8x10 "proof" with the unit name printed on the photo. Now it's a simple print on photo paper not a professional kind of thing but nice none-the-less. We have the option to purchase additional copies. I always gave the proof to the CO who put it in a frame under our charter and our Eagle plaque. I see no harm in opting out but it's only a 10-minute stop along the check-in path and I never saw a need to disrupt the staff's process because of one unit's desires.

Our camp takes a group picture just before the opening camp wide dinner. The troop gets a free copy upon leaving camp.

We have them also take one with one of our cameras and one of our parents duplicates and laminates one for each scout. A nice keepsake.

Dale

• 3 weeks later...
Our local camps never forced anyone to take a group picture.....or even offered to take one

Same here, although I bet some of our parents would've loved it. I constantly got greif about not taking enough pictures. And when I did, I got fussed at that they didn't "look very happy." My reply of "that's because I'm making them be in a picture" did not go over very well...