New here...nice to see a good active forum devoted to scouting.

About me, hmmm.... Where to start? 15 year exp. Got my Eagle in 1990 (troop 348 in central KY)and was ASM in my troop for awhile. Did Phimont twice. Moved to Ohio and disappeared from the scout scene for about a decade. My son gets to first grade and comes home all excited about "this thing they call Cub Scouts Daddy!" I am back in with both feet!

I see that there are other KY eagles on here. Where are you guys from?

Shane Morris

Pack 189 Amanda Ohio

Welcome to the group. Sorry, you got a Missouri Eagle here, but I hear Kentucky and Ohio are great.

Like you, I'm doing my return trip to Scouting. I was away from the program for about 15 years, but Scouting found me again. My oldest son joined a Troop 4 years ago, and I'm back in the game. Enjoy Round 2 of a great adventure!

Big Blue all the way, baby. Share season tickets with my dad. SWMBO is from Lexington, UK Grad. However, I'm not one of those psycho big-blue-or-nothing types. I actually go to a few red games a year and can sort of cheer for them if I need to.

We have one Richmond-ite on the board, he's close to home for you. I'm originally from Shelby County. Now live in Oldham.

Welcome to the forum and back into the Scouting action, Sylvar! The same thing happened to me when my 1st son joined Cubs.

If I may be so presumptious as to offer unsolicited advice: WOOD BADGE! I really wish someone had urged me to take Wood Badge training sooner!

Hi and Welcome.

One of my favorite questions when I sit on Eagle Scout BOR's is to ask the Lad if he thinks that when he has kids that he will allow them to join Boy Scouts? I have as yet to hear a No. Of course the next question is will you be joining him? So far every Lad has said that he will.

Eamonn.

You know, thats the first thing people say when they find out I am from Kentucky. "REALLY? You don't have an accent." After a while it gets a little irksome, but I have learned that its best not to make a issue of it.

Nice to see such a strong Ky contingent on here (transplants too!). I remember Scouting being stong in Central KY, but I had no Idea HOW good I had it until I started into this Central Ohio District. I thought Camp McKee was just a normal run-of-the-mill scout camp. Having seen 3 camps up here I know it is a gem of a place. I would love to know if Camp-o-ree attendance is still as strong as I remember. In this district it is disgraceful how few attend. (I know, if you run a good Camp-o-ree, they will come. Give me time! I am still working on the Cub Program here! :))

There other things too, but better to work on those things than sit around and complain

Shane

Camp McKee is a great place. I worked on staff the summers of 82-84.

Camporees around here are struggling too. But, a lot of the problem boils down to poor communication. This year, our district camping people didn't get the fall camporee info out until two months before the event. They don't understand that most troops plan things out a little farther than that. (Some even have annual plans - imagine that). Interesting topic, I think I'll spin off a new thread.

• 8 months later...