The Y2K requirement book details the following troop positions for Star, Life and Eagle:

PL, ASPL, SPL, Guide, OA Rep, den chief, scribe, librarian, historian, QM, bugler, JASM, chaplain aide, instructor

I must say either may memory has gone bad or the list for Eagle has been changed. I seem to remember my 10th edition handbook had different lists for Star/Life and Eagle. The list for Eagle was shorter, I seem to think.

I really have to wonder why in the world some of those positions are on the list for Eagle. I can't imagine some of those positions, as usually implimented by Troops, as being the sort that would demonstrate the level of leadership and responsibility that is normally associated with Eagle. Librarian seems to fit with the level of ability I would want in a Star Scout, but if Librarian is the limit of someone's ability to handle responsibility, I would have serious doubts about the persons qualifications as an Eagle. On the other hand, if someone is in a very large troop where there would not be enough PORs for all that need them, then I suppose it would make more sense.

Also, OA Rep is a dicey position to use for Eagle because the program may not be running effectively at the Lodge level. If the Lodge is not using the entire OA Rep program (which is still relatively new, and still has many kinks in it), it would be nearly impossible for the individual Representative to succeed in the position. I don't have the OA Rep job description in front of me, but I seem to remember there are things in it that would require the local Lodge to be using the program in certain ways.(This message has been edited by Proud Eagle)