Belt Loops not going away

The way I read it. The concept of the current belt loops and pins are going away. The new adventure loops will be belt loops they are replacing the beads at tiger - bear. The new adventure pins are replacing the current webelos activity pins.

So yes there will still be belt loops and pins but they are being repurposed.

The fact that the requirements for each adventure pin are different for each rank means that boys will be getting a new set of adventure loops every year. Sounds like a big pack expense to me.

• Upvote 1

While I'm not a fan of the progress beads, I wish they were coming up with a better way of tracking achievements than belt loops. The current academics and sports belt loops and pins are very popular in our pack. I suspect that's true in packs who pay for these. In packs where the parents buy them, probably not as popular. Everybody I have talked to is disappointed that this program is going away.

The new belt loop system will result in all the boys having the same loops. No more showing off that rare belt loop that most kids don't earn.

If the kids get a belt loop/pin/whatever with each adventure and they have to complete 7 adventures or whatever that is, its not too bad of an expense. Right now our kids are earning 1-2 belt loops every 1-3 months. We do the combined program and all work together on awards so we can control how many the kids get at every awards ceremony budget-wise. If the kids want to do more than we do at pack meetings then teh parents can pay for those extra ones.

. No more showing off that rare belt loop that most kids don't earn.

I can honestly say that I have NEVER seen a boy do that. I have never seen a boy ask another about a belt loop he was wearing. They receive them, and that's that.

My son has a belt almost full from his Tiger and Wolf years. Don't think he earned a single one his bear year...... well he probably earned a few by default, but had zero interest in sitting down to run through requirements to see if he did.

Yes, through the belt loops works quite nicely. I always thought the belt full of bling, while busy, made his uniform look like a boy that was active in scouting.

Sadly, he has finally outgrown the blues he has worn since tiger year, and will start WEBELOS with his tan shirt and green pants. Now that would just look goofy I think with the blue belt and loops. I wish that he could wear his blues through his 1st WEBELOS year to have some more time wearing his full diamond of tiger, wolf, bear, and bobcat

Dumb question ... Do people thread the cub scout belt through the loops on the pants? Or is it just supposed to be worn over the pants where a welt would go. Just wondering.
Tiger and Wolf year my youngest had wallyworld blue pants. I dreaded threading that belt every time. I finally bought official uniform pants last year and they have nice wide belt loops. Makes threading much easier.

I think the blue webbing Cub Scout belt was designed to be worn as any other belt. I've only seen it worn threaded through the fabric belt loops on the pants (usually jeans).

There are a lot of boys that wear track/warmup/sweat pants. (Sometimes I think they wear them as pajamas too). But those don't work with the Cub Scout belt, and the belt (if they have one) is often left at home.

Belt loops ... Can't there be a better display mechanism. I NEVER seen any of our cubs wear them and rarely do they wear belts.

which is completely opposite for my pack, they wear their belts so they can wear their loops

• Upvote 2

which is completely opposite for my pack, they wear their belts so they can wear their loops

Our boys LOVED the belt loops--the more metal the better--kinda like a transformer robot thing.

I HATED the beads--boys would lose them, 2/3rds of the parents would not put them on, folks upset that their kid didn't get one, still finding them all over the house years later. I swear one Tiger Den I must have given out an average of 3 sets per boy.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, honestly I think the beads are just dumb.

Good idea in theory maybe, and if we had never picked up the idea of the lazy uniform (my new name for the activity uniform, or what some folks call "Class B")

I've tried to encourage them, thought about it from all sorts of angles

In the end the boys don't really seem to care all that much, and very often don't wear them anyway..... if they even wear their field uniforms at all.....

Leaders seem to dislike them too.