NBC versus CBS; Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I hope she sent them some signed peacock patches. Always great to have a great story behind a patch!

And, Skep, way to live up to your screen name by making this about corporate media jockeying. :(

Guess that is one way to look at it. On the other hand one must wonder if this is not a fake of some sort as it seems you are unable to find it on Google. It is on the local council FB site though. It would be interesting to know just how rough the terrain was, and how far they had to carry her. Does not sound like something just anyone would have been able to do.

I am skeptical that it will get beyond some local coverage though, if at all. Where do you think we should post it, and how should we title, if we move it. I have no problem; maybe a title of Boy Scouts prove their worth, or something like that? Go for it and lets move it if that would be better.

Well, I guess if I relay this to my youth, it would be under "why the nation needs first class scouts." And the moral would be "get me those hike plans and get out there where you'll do the world some good."

That's my council and district. I'm looking forward to hearing some more details about this from some friends close to Troop 368 over the next couple of weeks. I know the people that post on the Patriots' Path Council Facebook page, and they would not share a fake letter or story.

I am missing the CBS reference here.

He meant NBC. NBC's Miranda Leitsinger has been on the warpath with BSA for the past year+ covering "the Scout beat" which of course only means gay scandals, not anything like, oh, the Chicago Scout who saved lives by shielding friends from gunfire with his own body.

She ends every "report" with a paragraph asking people to email her with more fuel for the fire.

Thanks Scouter99; Talk about "glaring" mistakes; Can someone with the ability please change the title to NBC vs NBC. Cannot believe I could have missed that; guess it was somehow just too much to think two basically from the same station could be so opposite. The question of course still remains as to why the "positive" story has yet to see the light of day outside of these boards and now some on FB?