Spring Recruitment - Cubs

Our Pack would do a Spring Recruitment within our parish school. Our CM would do a "Boy Talk" to the kindergarten class, and invite them to our last Pack meeting of the school year. We would often get families that would come, and then wait until Fall to actually sign their Tigers up. For the most part, the Tigers we would sign up in May would be younger siblings of current Scouts.

A Spring sign-up is only effective if your Pack has an active summer program. The new Tigers get a chance to get to know the other boys, and their families, in the Pack. They are also eligible to attend council Summer Camps.

Blw2 is right - having an experienced, enthusiastic, Pack Scouter as Tiger Den Leader can make a HUGH difference. I stepped in as Tiger leader after we were told by all of our prospective Tiger families that they would only sign up if we already had a leader. I think the double whammy of 1) being required to attend with their son, and 2) one of you must be "in charge", was just a bit overwhelming for them.

I was Tiger leader for our Pack for 14 years. It was great fun! We grew up a great bunch of Scouts, and cultivated a great bunch of Scout leaders!