"current pressurized fuel training" How does anyone say that with a straight face? Can I test out by showing I haven't blown up my house with the "pressurized fuel" stove I've been using my entire life?

The only hassle I have ever had over the years was never around a campfire, nor a charcoal grill, or even a butane stove, but I have seen flare-ups on Colman stoves that will raise your eyebrows and remove them all at the same time. I simply don't trust them any further than I can throw them and throwing them in the woods isn't a really good idea.

Stosh

Have a cousin that lives in Texas. Where he lives they have not be able to have open fires (consistently month to month) since 2009. Here's the latest burn ban map.

Things were so bad here in California this summer that one of the National Forest areas not only banned campfires in the backcountry, but also any type of stove. Hope the backpackers liked trail mix.

http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/HealthandSafety/GSS/gss06.aspx

"Operate and maintain chemical-fueled equipment according to the manufacturer’s instructions and in facilities or areas only where and when permitted." is pretty much the "national" policy on the OP issue. Going to have to go back to the source, and to my knowledge there are not any current publications that reference that in production by the BSA. Find one let me know.

"Pressurized Fuel Training"....I'm still giggling about this....

The national white fuel ban was from years ago. The problem was troops in the north weren't doing any winter camping because........Propane tanks freeze when you're in single-digit or below temperatures. White gas works every time, regardless of temperature. We use a mix of propane and white gas stoves and lanterns in our troop, but white gas stove use by a scout must have an adult watching, for reasons I hope are obvious. :) A 10-minute run through with those unfamiliar with the white gas appliances is all that is needed.

• Upvote 1