preventing scouts from crossing over

FSU,

Thanks for posting the link.

AK,

Yep, no liquid fuels for lighting fires for adults or youth. Heck I had one leader try and tell me liquid fuel stoves were now verboten. Luckily BSA allows you to still use liquid fuels if you use a manufactured device approved for the fuel to use, no more homemade tuna can stoves

But my MSR Whisperlight International stove, designed to burn keroseen, gasoline, JP fuel, ad nasueum Is still OK .;)

My Webelos made tuna can burners for hobo stoves using cardboard and wax. I assume that is still OK.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm old school, so here's my $.02.   1. Tigers do not cross over, only those Webelos moving up to Boy Scouts Cross over.   2. I hate to say it, but the Tigers didn't complete the badge yet, so t

FSUscout, I think the Webelos leader is right. Boys should be awarded their rank when they have earned it. Some first graders would really know that they had not done all of the "go see it's" yet.

Irrelevant. The Tigers haven't failed to meet the requirement due to "developmental" differences, they simply haven't done it yet.   Good advice from the others. Rather than shutting the Tigers ou

Stosh beat me to it :)

The September 2012 version of The Guide to Safe Scouting is found here:

http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/HealthandSafety/GSS.aspx

It gets updates regularly, I bevel someone said every 3 months or so, but the last one update was May 2013. and the updates can be found here:

http://www.scouting.org/filestore/HealthSafety/pdf/34416_update.pdf