Question about 1st Class/ 1st year

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deep breath...hold..release....

Hi Ed,

I will try to say this a clearly as possible to avoid any further confusion.

If you don't change what "your" Troop is doing to a scouting program, it is going to fail in the next 18 months. It has all the signs of a troop in its death roll.

Any questions so far?

Happy Holidays,

Bob White

(This message has been edited by Bob White)

Yet again half of us out there are not in the scouting program and are not scouts because we dont do it Bob's way, why am I so shocked, blasted Leaders Manual, foiled again by Texas.

Anyone want to join my new program, Badens Boys, its actually going to be based off of what our founder planned and not what a bunch of big wigs in Texas think will protect the self-esteem and self-image of the boys, and more importantly the parents.

Hello Sturgen,

There actually is a group doing what you purport to want to do. They call themselves the Baden Powell Scouts. They exist in some countries (Canada, UK) and are starting up in this US. You might want to consider checking them out.

This reminds me a bit of a discussion of whether a person who doesn't believe in the inerrancy of Scripture is "really" a Christian or not. Bob, do you really mean to say that a troop that follows the methods of Scouting, except for FCFY, isn't doing Scouting? Or is it that you suspect they aren't following the other methods, either?

"Ed's" troop by evidence of his own posts does not follow the Patrol method, leadership method, advancement method.

The results are obvious in the membership recruitment, retention, and advancement of the troop.

I wish the boys well,

Bob White

""Ed's" troop by evidence of his own posts does not follow the Patrol method, leadership method, advancement method.

The results are obvious in the membership recruitment, retention, and advancement of the troop."

Wow you're good! You assume my unit doesn't follow the methods you listed. Again you assume wrong. Like I said in another post, unless you see 1st hand you can't make correct judgement. Your assumptions are completely wrong.

Ed Mori

A blessed Christmas to all!

1 Peter 4:10

So if a Troop only has one patrol the patrol method can't be used? And in what BSA manual is that written?

Let's see - the SPL was elected, the ASPL was elected & the PL was elected. I count three. But you wouldn't know that because you assumed again!

Ed Mori

A blessed Christmas to all!

1 Peter 4:10