Has anyone heard results from the 2015 Florida Sea Base Lottery yet? Notifications either way were supposed to be out by March 1st. I haven't heard anything yet, and we are hoping for two crews.

Dale

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone heard results from the 2015 Florida Sea Base Lottery yet? Notifications either way were supposed to be out by March 1st. I haven't heard anything yet' date=' and we are hoping for two crews. Dale[/quote'] One thing that surprised me was the difference in the HA lottery systems. Philmont is a one submission and done, whereas SB is a multi-selection thing. We were notified we got two crews for Outer Island Adventure which was our first choice.
  • 3 weeks later...

We just returned from a trip (4/20-26, Coral Reef Sailing). Heard something interesting from another crew there -- in fact, there were four crews from MA there all at the same time (which includes us). One guy told me that they tried to get a summer slot (sailing, I think) and weren't able to. So they tried again on our (MA) spring break. Got right in.

Since our arrival day (4/20) was Easter, we were wondering if some crews just opted not to go that day, which opened it up for some of us (like me) that forgot to check if that day was Easter (I just knew it was during our school break, so it was really our only choice).

Guy

When we played the lottery (couple years before you) the spring and winter break slots were open. Never could get my crew to part with family for the holidays. Spring break is usually problematic around here because snow days are taken out of that break.