ban of fixed blade knives?

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With prices like that, I'm banning those specific knives for myself.  Crazy prices for museum pieces you would be afraid to use daily.  More national mark up to pay for ...

If you want to change a rule, it usually helps to find out why the rule exists in the first place. In your first post you mention the Kabar knife.   I carried one of those. In the Marine Corps. The

Thomas,   There is obviously nothing that we can say that will deter you from wanting to bring your fixed blade knives. Whether you're a youth or an adult, you simply don't need more than a sim

9 hours ago, Double Eagle said:

With prices like that, I'm banning those specific knives for myself.  Crazy prices for museum pieces you would be afraid to use daily.  More national mark up to pay for ...

If you refer to the Halle knives, the same knives can be, of course, purchased for far less on the open market,  although still relatively expensive.  They are not even marked as official BSA gear.

• 2 weeks later...

Although it's stated in the history of this thread, I think it is worth repeating: The BSA does not explicitly ban fixed-blade knives or set limitations on blade length.

On the issue of carrying a knife, fixed-blade or otherwise, that can vary depending on local jurisdictions, COs, Troop rules, etc.

With the one exception being that I believe Cub Scouts are limited to use and carry of pocket knives only, at least as it is implied in Whittling Chip.

• Upvote 1