Question about merit badges

as an MB counselor, Im baffled by how a SM can look at a blue card and deem a signed off requirement as lacking. what MB was it? also interesting that the MB counselor in the current troop didnt question it.

regardless, I would take heart that the SM takes that level of interest in your boy attaining the skills of a given MB. Get your boy in touch with the current MB counselor and have them work it out.

It was for communications. My son was the emcee of a COH for his previous troop; planned it and executed it. However, his current SM has questioned the validity of that particular requirement. My question is, though, there were 50-60 witnesses to the COH and all can attest to him being the emcee. This is what I don't understand.
as an MB counselor, Im baffled by how a SM can look at a blue card and deem a signed off requirement as lacking. what MB was it? also interesting that the MB counselor in the current troop didnt question it.

regardless, I would take heart that the SM takes that level of interest in your boy attaining the skills of a given MB. Get your boy in touch with the current MB counselor and have them work it out.

hmm...well, it will be interesting to see if the SM approves your boy on his second go-round, and what he'll have to do to get that approval. Im guessing that he didnt follow to the letter the requirement (PLC approval, write the script, prepare the program) in some way...without having been at the SM conference its tough to say what the SM is thinking. Good luck to your boy