I ran this one over a year ago, I think it plays well again, with some editing, and apologies to Steelers Wheel:

Well, I dont know why I came here tonight,

(I have a lot better things to do than checking this #$**& site every 10 minutes to see who is bashing who)

I got the feeling that something aint right.

(Can a scoutmaster really do that? And the Committe Chair, can he/she get away with that? Can you earn Bronze without being a Venture Crew Member?)

Im so scared in case I fall off my chair,

(then again my Eagle son DOES have the first aid merit badge, though I hope he wasn't waved though that one and actually knows his stuff)

And Im wondering how Ill get down the stairs.

(I could repell, but I dont have Climb on Safely)

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right,

Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

(With All my forum buddies, I mean after all we are here for the boys right?)

Yes, Im stuck in the middle with you,

And Im wondering what it is I should do.

Its so hard to keep this smile from my face,

(Can Bob White say anything that FOG wont pick apart?)

Losing control, yeah, Im all over the place.

(who do I agree with again? whats the topic of this thread again? How did we get on this subject again?)

Well, you started off with nothing,

And youre proud that youre a self-made man.

And your friends they all come crawlin,

Slap you on the back and say, Please, please.

(Like Please explain this BSA policy to me, how do you know so much about BSA when all you do is sit at your computer all day?)

Trying to make some sense of it all,

But I can see it makes no sense at all.

(that would be members talking about why BSA does what they do regarding such topics as Uniforms, Websites, Swimming requirements, Joining Requirements, et al)

Is it cool to go to sleep on the floor?

(sure, sleep on the floor, but do you really need a sleeping pad? and what type is best and no females if the boys and old curmudgeonly scoutmaster want it that way)

Well, I don't think I can take anymore.

(well I know I say that every three days or so, but I always come back)

Well, you started out with nothing,

And youre proud that youre a self-made man.

And your friends they all come crawlin,

Slap you on the back and say, Please, please.

(see above)

Yeah, I dont know why I came here tonight,

I got the feeling that something aint right,

Im so scared in case I fall off my chair,

And Im wondering how Ill get down the stairs,

(see above)

Yes Im, stuck in the middle with you,

Stuck in the middle with you,

and if ewe think eye forgot hour homophonophobics, aisle let ewe no eye didnt

Happy Thanksgiving all!!!

(This message has been edited by OldGreyEagle)

OGE is a hard act to follow.

This will seem a little unrelated but that has never stopped us before. I will tie it all in.

As I have posted in the past I am getting out of the bar business and have for the past few years been working as a dietitian for UPMC.

Most of the time I don't get to spend too much time with the residents that need my help. That was until Ralph came along. Ralph is in his early 80's. He has renal failure and is a diabetic. He has an great love of gummy bears. He will eat a whole bag in one sitting. When he goes for dialysis I get reports saying that he isn't following his diet. Poor old Ralph and I have gone head to head more the once. Still he is a nice old fellow and every now and then he will share his gummy bears with me.

I went to work on Monday and there on my desk was two small bunches of wheat tied with a green band. Along with a sheet of paper with a picture of two turkeys and the following:

To you Eamonn for whom our family is most thankful we offer these words of inpiration and gratitude. Happy Thanksgiving from Ralph and his family.

Needless to say I was deeply touched. I would like to share the words with all of you as my way of thanking you for all that you do not only foe the Scouts but also for the help that you have given me over the past year.

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." - Leo Buscaglia

"If you find it in your heart to care for someone else, you will have succeeded." - Mary Angelou.

All of you do care and have succeeded.

Have a happy and save Thanksgiving.

Eamonn

My thanks to all of you will go out in our prayers over the Steele table tomorrow afternoon as my wife and I pray before our thanksgiving meal.

I wish I could tell each of you how I am warmed by your presence in Scouting and how I enjoy coming home from a full day of working with volunteers eager to read your thoughts on this board. In one way, you're helping me by keeping my knowledge and professional skills as up to date as possible.

In another way, although mostly electronic, I feel that you're all my friends and that it is a very large, close group that has accepted me.

It really does give me a warm feeling (admittedly, sometimes a hot-head feeling, but generally warm.)

Thank you for your friendship. Enjoy the holiday.

Dave

Happy eating to all. As we all sit and tell our selves tomorrow(once again) I shouldn't have had that 5th piece of pie, we can say Thank you to God for all that we have, and that the scouting program is such a good one for the boys.

God Bless everyone here and their familys.

May you carry on in the best of health and happiness.