Looking for a Webelos resident camp

We run a half week of camp for Webelos. We let them sign up by a den with enough adult leadership or as a parent-son team. Camp opens on Sunday July 6 and ends Wednesday July 9. We have 8 opportunities to work on activity pins and belt loops on Monday and Tuesday with lots of open/free time for things like climbing, rappelling, slacklines, BB guns, etc. Our camp is Sand Hill Scout Reservation near Brooksville, FL. You can check out the parent/leaders guide at www.wcfcbsa.org.

my son is the same age.

Just today, I signed him & I up for WEBELOS Akela Weekend. Council run camp, Saturday round robin of activities to introduce Bears to WEBELOS, and WEBELOS to scouts. one night, followed by flags, scouts own, and departure on Sunday AM.

This happens in March for us.

Up until about two weeks ago, I didn't know that it included a program for Bears/rising WEBELOS. I thought it was for WEBELOS only.

Maybe something similar in your parts, equally as badly promoted.

Summer camp. Back when I was about 8, my dad (we live in MD) took me and my 9 yr old cousin to the Mast Cove Camp in Maine. No longer there(I looked). We stayed there two weeks, I learned about boats, oceans, getting along with other kids, gimp weaving, eating stuff I'd never seen before, and how to complain about abusive cabin counselors (another story). I really do not remember Scout camping of any kind until I reached Boy Scouts. When I was a CM, I led many a hike and got a couple of parents BALOO trained so we could go to the "Son and One" Council camps.

And folks now adays think hard about sleepover camps for Webelos as a ... ? what? maybe not appropriate for kids that age? My son went to Camp Heritage in PA as a Web, and camped away with others here in MD too.

Exnicios: Take the initiative and find out where your Council's "official" camp is, persue it. Share your results with others. Get ALL your boys out and about.

Yes you would think that. Our council is . . . . to be polite . . . .less than helpful or informed. And for better or worse I am the pack leadership :(
So another OP asking a question with not enough info....

Papa, your response is the exact same one I would have given......

Or I could have given one like "sure my Scout camp has a fantastic Webelos Program and we are in Anchorage Alaska........"

If this is her council they havent updated their website for the coming season

http://www.bsa-selacouncil.org/event/webelos-adventure-camp/1334846

This is the type of post that makes me feel really lucky. Here in Daniel Webster Council (NH), we have Camp Carpenter that operates 7 weeks of camp for Cub Scouts per year. Any Registered Cub Scout can go Sunday through Thursday either with his Pack or as a Provisional Scout who gets rolled into another Pack for the week. www.nhscouting.org/camping I know it is a long haul but it is out there.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sure you can find something closer than NH, but it sure sounds better than the muggy swamps of LA or MO. STL has a 3 day/2 night for incoming Webelos 1 and week long for Webelos 2 plus a slew of day camps at parks around town. My UC said they are working on a program to allow for provisional packs so cubs that don't have parents or adult leaders available can still attend. The Webelos camps here use that standard wall tents/cots and currently only 1 deep leadership is required because it is council run. My current Webelos I den is falling apart so I hope that happens for the couple of boys interested.

My son just received a mailer 2 days ago from our Council (North Florida)

all about the various Cub Camps

day camps, twilight camps, and I was surprised to see Resident Camps for Cubs