Personal, Private Messaging? Not yet?

• 1 month later...

This is a new system. Just got back in from a Scout org conference, saw the above, did not see anything from Scouter.com in my regular email, checked the "messages" block above by my log in, and there's Qwasze's test. So if this is the way it's suppose to work, I would not know I had a message unless I purposely checked the "message" section above right.

In the "old" system, we received a notification in our regular email, but it would have a code number to respond to, so we would not have the direct email unless we listed it ourselves. Scouter.com acted as "chaperone" between folks. If we wanted to respond directly, we could, if they provided the email. Here, we still don''t have that directness. I cannot send a file directly.

Like the song said, "Is that all there is?"

Nope. No luck. Tried sending to qwazse, I get " "Please enter at least one valid recipient. Type in the first four characters and you will get a list of matching user names" I will try again with and without caps.

OK

Better than nothing. Definitely better than all of the buttons for a feature being there and nothing happening after you've typed a decent length message. Lots of folks have their E-mails from social sites buried in spam folders anyway, so for them, this might get their attention better when it matters. So, PM away, me lads! Hopefully, we'll have chances to make it each other's real campfires!

• Administrators
This is a new system. Just got back in from a Scout org conference, saw the above, did not see anything from Scouter.com in my regular email, checked the "messages" block above by my log in, and there's Qwasze's test. So if this is the way it's suppose to work, I would not know I had a message unless I purposely checked the "message" section above right.

In the "old" system, we received a notification in our regular email, but it would have a code number to respond to, so we would not have the direct email unless we listed it ourselves. Scouter.com acted as "chaperone" between folks. If we wanted to respond directly, we could, if they provided the email. Here, we still don''t have that directness. I cannot send a file directly.

Like the song said, "Is that all there is?"

> In the "old" system, we received a notification in our regular email

This appears to be in the new site but the option to enable it seems to be missing or obscure. You can try this:

click your profile name at top > user settings > notifications > email notifications > turn on