Troopmaster Web email tool - any good?

I just signed on as CC to my Pack's CO's troop.

They were very small and the size just exploded with a big crossover form my pack and a few other new adds.

They currently use Troopmaster, but don't have a good email group thing going.

Basically are using a photo sharing site that just has one group that includes everyone.... committee, leaders, parents, and scouts are copied on everything.

SM asked about setting up group email like I use with the pack.

I looked at the Troopmaster Web email tool demo online. I'm not set up in the troops stuff yet. Looks very old fashioned and clunky, but playing with the demo on-line it's hard to tell how well it works.

I see that you can set up various groups

Do you have to log into it to send an email?

Does it work well?

Please comment and elaborate re. your experiences with it.

I use emaildodo.com with the pack.

I was just looking at Google Groups. Looks very promising.

but figured if they already have a tool, maybe we should use it.

I just feel like Troopmaster looks like it shot straight out of the 1990's...... but if it works...... why not.

I don't know exactly how similar this is or not, but I use Packmaster (cub version of the software?) And while the system does look old and clunky, it does work for us. We do have to sign in with a username and Password to send the email. You can choose to send it to any number of emails that are in the system.

We use Troopmaster Web for eMail and advancement recording. It IS clunky and slow, but it works.

The group eMails are the best feature.

Your login determines your level of access: scout, parent, leadership, SM&CC, webmaster. You are responsible for your own mess-ups...

• 2 months later...

Troopmaster has been having some mail delivery issues of late. It seems that email sent from users that have a ".yahoo.com" email account, are having trouble with email getting blocked.

Personally, I have a gmail address in Troopmaster, and as far as I know, all emails are reaching their intended targets.

This is becoming a fairly big issue with us, and Troopmaster's recommended work-around - essentially creating a single email administrator to send mail... is not a very good option.

I'm not a big fan of Troopmaster either.. but as stated above, it works (mostly).

I don't know that it's necessarily their fault per-se, but it does have us now looking for alternatives.