Venturing on a shoestring

Turns out the class I took wasn't very helpful. I knew it was going downhill when the lecturer started asking, "So, what's a shoestring. Its different for different people" Specific treks were in the Texas and Colorado area from Houston. None were under $350/person. I was hoping for ideas of close by adventures for $50/person or something. (What I get for thinking).

Best thing I can add is to start looking at close by national parks or preserves. Sorry I wasn't much help.

KM, duration is the key factor here. A 10 day trip that comes to $35/person/day is pretty sweet.

This is why crews need to get together and share their exploits. Stuff that is advertized nationally has added expense. Local opportunities may come cheaper, but chances are you won't hear about them on the internet.

Turns out the class I took wasn't very helpful. I knew it was going downhill when the lecturer started asking, "So, what's a shoestring. Its different for different people" Specific treks were in the Texas and Colorado area from Houston. None were under $350/person. I was hoping for ideas of close by adventures for $50/person or something. (What I get for thinking).

Best thing I can add is to start looking at close by national parks or preserves. Sorry I wasn't much help.

You are right about that. I was just hoping there would be some 3-4 day trips for $35/day discussed.

I have a few resources to look up that they handed out and I am a firm believer in there being no replacement for doing your own research, however, I was hoping at least one or two "mini-adventures" would be discussed. It was just a little disappointing that nothing was very relevant for my troop. (at least the canoe camping class panned out)