Charter Agreement, Rechartering, CO thoughts

RS, I would suggest you allocate your gear to be tended to by individual scouts, that way your QM report to the CO would read something like:

Piece of Gear, Quantity, Last known Condition, Stewardship (scout's name)

That way they could go chase down every patrol box from every patrol leader and every spoon from every first year if they so choose.

It's not a bad strategy ... every scout that's able contributing to the troops storage space. You'll likely loose stuff. But you could possibly start a tradition of troop graduates signing off on gear they've returned in good condition.

RS, I would suggest you allocate your gear to be tended to by individual scouts, that way your QM report to the CO would read something like:

That way they could go chase down every patrol box from every patrol leader and every spoon from every first year if they so choose.

It's not a bad strategy ... every scout that's able contributing to the troops storage space. You'll likely loose stuff. But you could possibly start a tradition of troop graduates signing off on gear they've returned in good condition.

That's the situation now which is not working well. Scouts leave, things disappear (often after a campout which steward did not attend), and then matters quickly go downhill, hence our simple request for storage space from CO.

An unenviable mess. But, if the CO is aware of and satisfied with the situation, you're kinda stuck.
  • 2 weeks later...

I think the whole thing is kind of silly when you really think about how much storage is really needed. A large closet would do in some cases, if you get a little creative with stacking boxes and building shelves. But apparently even that is too much to ask sometimes.