I gotta say I really hate adult politics and all the Bull that accompanies it.

So our Pack is not doing real well.....Lost more than 50% of its membership. Various reasons as to why, moving, sports, job changes and bad program in a couple of dens.

So at roundtable our new District Commish holds up the our Pack charter and begins to shred the Packs program and leadership, stating they, are not properly trained, the last UC visit the Webelos were doing crafts with the Tigers....Well 15 minutes it went on... They never attend roundtable so it went unanswered. But the COR was sitting there and began taking notes.

Well the following day he calls the DE and asks for a visit to the Pack by the UC, and DE. They showed up to the Pack committee meeting tonight. Asked some questions and pissed off the pack leadership

After the DE and COR left the meeting the Pack leadership hung around and the New District Chair shows up........And he begins to shred the COR, too old for scouting, set in his ways, to the Pack Leadership and it was a big pile on with the conversation ending with the group including the District Chair scheduling a meeting with the Institutional Head.

Excuse me, what the heck just happened????? The District Chair publicly trashed the CM and ASM's.....The webelos Den Leader and now he is moving to remove our COR because IMO he is trying to cover his tracks.

I grab him in the Parking lot and asked about him not telling the complete story to the Pack leadership. The COR was letting them run the Pack as they saw fit until the Head District volunteer trashed it in public. I mentioned that he should have told the complete story to the Pack leadership......I

All I gotta say is wow.

Makes me wonder what he is saying about troop in public when we are not around.

I've learned not to let people like that leave the room unopposed. "Excuse me sir, your narrative is skewed with respect to the facts." Then state facts. Of course that requires keeping your blood pressure down.

Oh he is a slick character.

No idea why he is after this fellow or is he?. No idea what his motives are????

I thought he was out of line at roundtable and I know he is out of line showing up at the CO and getting them all riled up.

Tonight after our Den and Troop meetings I am going to try to pull all of the leaders together and let them know the rest of the story.

Where did the COR get the info that the Pack was in trouble?

the COR did as you requested and kept his nose out of your program, well the Chief District volunteer publicly ridiculed his unit, How is he supposed to react???

Is anything that was said by either the DC or COR less than true????

Just pissed off at the entire situation, especially since he

Q as I sat their silently and listened to the goings on my blood was boiling, I knew better than to open my mouth because I was more than furious...

I don't see how they think trashing some leadership at the roundtable, then trashing other parts of the leadership to others in the unit etc.. Is the winning way to turn a pack with a few problems around.. Seems, more like they are moving people in line for a war.. Don't know if they are hoping for a civil war within the unit, but may just be unit against district.. Either way, it means the pack blowing up and either dying or becoming very small..

And exactly as other said, the District leadership has no say over the unit volunteers.. Can not fire them...

I don't see how they think trashing some leadership at the roundtable, then trashing other parts of the leadership to others in the unit etc.. Is the winning way to turn a pack with a few problems around.. Seems, more like they are moving people in line for a war.. Don't know if they are hoping for a civil war within the unit, but may just be unit against district.. Either way, it means the pack blowing up and either dying or becoming very small..

And exactly as other said, the District leadership has no say over the unit volunteers.. Can not fire them...

Musta missed the part where he invited himself to a meeting that he talked the Pack leadership into with the Institutional Head.

IMO this drama is one of the reasons the BSA gets a bad name. No wonder the CO's don't want a scout unit.

I thought he was out of line at roundtable and I know he is out of line showing up at the CO and getting them all riled up.

Tonight after our Den and Troop meetings I am going to try to pull all of the leaders together and let them know the rest of the story.

the COR did as you requested and kept his nose out of your program, well the Chief District volunteer publicly ridiculed his unit, How is he supposed to react???

Q as I sat their silently and listened to the goings on my blood was boiling, I knew better than to open my mouth because I was more than furious...

Yippee. You get to play therapist. :(

A COR that goes to roundtable is a good thing. Remind everyone that they should be grateful.

Remind the COR that he's only obligated to represent the CO, so if there is something that bothers him and the IH about (or, for that matter, anyone in the CO says) about how a unit is operating, work on fixing that.

Other stuff (the DC's rants, etc ...), well, I guess the bottom line is do folks in the unit think it's worth persevering? If so, grow a thick skin and stay the course -- ignoring outsiders, or make one or two changes to let the DC know you actually care. But ONLY ADDRESS ONE ISSUE AT A TIME. It's real temping when you get outside criticism to try to do a hundred tweaks at once. That only insures nothing changes.

I would ask the IH to hold onto your current COR unless he's already been training a replacement over the past year. Time volunteered, be it from a 90 year old or a 40 year old is a precious thing. There's no guarantee you'll continue to have that unless you see a second-in-command actually stepping up.

One more thing. Boys pick up on drama more than most of us realize. Probably the hardest thing we adults have to do is model friendliness when we really don't want to.

To be honest, I could careless about what the other units think.

I am really bothered by the games that the DC is playing.

The Cub pack did a pretty good job of hiding their membership issues. they meet in a different area of the church. And I did notice that the traffic and parking were not busy as it should have been.

Sure I am mad, I had the unit up to nearly 100 three years ago, now they number less than 20. there are problems. But the DC isn't helping.

Ya, I came home from the committee meeting, son and daughter picked it up right away. Didn't sleep much last night and this morning the wife told me to resign because it isn't worth getting all worked up over.

Well, I am going to call the DC tonight and ask him to come to a meeting with the CC, CM, ASM and the COR and tell the rest of the story and why the COR reacted the way he did.

I'd have a problem on the trash talking behind someone's back and would have called him on it--even if I agreed. Hard enough as it is without starting range wars.