• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speak for yourself OT...i'm not sure where you have been...maybe cutting outtings, but I've had to listen to them numerous times! And i have witnessed...who wasn't at the last Biff...YOU! Who was...me! And I learned more about boy scoutting and their songs than I ever thought possible(not that this is a bad thing boy scouts, I am willing to learn, you just have to know the cirumstances)

I dont want to fight, cause this is a happy thread.

Just for the record, I have totally experienced the Boy Scout Summer Camp and Scoutreach Fall Camporee campfire with OGE and YSE and you were totally in the white water raft with OGE and Uncle Rocket when OGE started to sing Boy Scout Sunday School song.

Just for the record, while you're harassing, what's your favorite camp song, girl or boy scout? I think my favorite Girl Scout song is Yogi Bear or maybe Moon on the Meadow.

The preceeding argument between Outdoor Thinker and Campaholic was a test, it was only a test.

Had it been real, Evmori and Bob White or Rooster7 and NJCubscouter would have been at each others throats.

I repeat it was only a test, please resume posting your favorite songs, We now return you to the topic of this thread:

God made Satan, Satan made sin,

God made a hot place to put Satan in.

Satan didn't like it so he said he wouldn't stay,

He's been acting like the devil ever since that day.

(ya know, an all male Venture Crew doesnt look so bad right about now)

I don't know about you OT, but I tried really really really hard to control myself from not commenting on that one...but it's like this OGE...in your head...take out all the girls from the crew...now what do you have? Still want us to go? We will...

And OT, you know I love ya...and maybe you also know I'm a sucker for songs myself.

Some of this particular summer's favorite's were

The Baby Duck Song

A-O-Bo-Diddly-Bop

Desperado

Green Grow the Rushes

Oh You'll Never Get to Heaven

As for slow songs...

I do enjoy Moon on the Meadow greatly and it reminds me particularly of my biking unit

Red Balloon

Both One Tin Soldier and Rainbow Love (or some people call it rainbow children) both which I still blame Billy Jack for slaughtering...

It goes on and on

Pharoah's daughter Miriam, walking by the Nile

Found the infant Moses playing with a crocodile.

She took him home to Father, said she'd found him on the shore

And Pharoah slyly winked and said "I've heard that one before"

Moses was a Yiddish lad, went sailing in a skiff

Along came Pharoah's daughter and gave the boat a lift

She took him to the palace and she fed him awful grand

Then he led the whole caboodle out into the Promised Land

I've alluded to OGE's singing in a few posts, but truth be told, I am tone deaf, so let's just leave his singing to confidential information. He does enjoy his songs though...and once you get hims started -- there's very little stopping.

Campaholic, equally you know I love you and I did know that you were a sucker for camp songs...great big cyber hug!!

OGE, Campaholic has a point...what do you have left if you took the girls out of the crew? ::shudder:: Have fun with that crew.

Hey Hey Hey Hey now,

The Crew often asks me to sing solo, so low they cant hear me.

The Crew asked if I could sing "like I was far far away", I lowered my volume and they said, "like no Mr GE, like we want you to sing, like far far away from us"

I suscribe to the philosophy that gusto and volume will mask any lack of vocal talent, others seem to disagree.

AND,

If they think my singing is bad, ask them about my snoring ability, its legendary.

When they finished with the firmament they started on the sky

They hung it overhead and they left it there to dry

They studded it with stars made of pretty angel's eyes

To give us a little light when the moon forgot to rise

(and Angel Face has the best eyes)(This message has been edited by OldGreyEagle)

Joshua played the trumpet, so runs the ancient rhyme.

He taught the Israelites to play in syncopated time.

But when they played in Jericho, their music raised a frown,

So he set the boys to swinging, and the walls came tumbling down.

Lets see, the Crew without the ladies,

hmmmmmmm

Ok, it would not be the same, the Council wouldnt have had a Rendezvous, it wouldnt have the VEB (COuncil wide Venture YOuth organizaiton) and it wouldnt have Outdoor Thinker as the president and Campaholic as the Vice president in the VEB

All in all Venturing in the Council would definitely have a much different face without you two, a face not near as good as it is now.

On further review, lets get rid of the boys, except for YoungSpikedEagle of course

Along came Eve with a basket of fruit,

Adam winked at her and though she was mighty cute

So she picked up some apples and they each had one

And ever since then the trouble's begun