Wife of the Cubmaster

Anyone know where I can find a "wife of the Cubmaster" patch?

I have been a CM for about 3 years and will step down (crossover to BS) in Feb 2014. My wife has been like an asst CM to me and the Pack. She is also a den leader and pack trainer. I would like ot find a patch to thank her for all she has done for the Pack and for me.

• Upvote 1

You can not find a real one, but no reason you can't make your own sort of jokingly.. I know our SM once made these big wooden boards he cut round and had just painted the Life saving merit badge on for a thank-you for someone who had used his lifesaving skills in an emergency situation.. So he presented him with the overlarge symbol at a COH with some nice words of appreciation.

If my wife dedicated 3 years of support for me, my response would be more than a funny patch. I'm thinking a nice BSA plaque of appreciation presented to her by me at her favorite restaurant over a glass of wine would be more in line with how I felt about that support.

If my wife dedicated 3 years of support for me, my response would be more than a funny patch. I'm thinking a nice BSA plaque of appreciation presented to her by me at her favorite restaurant over a glass of wine would be more in line with how I felt about that support.
Unless she hates plaques as much as I do!

Flowers and chocolates with a card (or neckerchief) signed by the boys would be wonderful.

Whatever you decide, if the boys present it to her with a hug and kiss from each boy, she will cherish the memory forever.

qwazse, I understand your comment about hating plaques, but IMO, if they are small and tasteful.... and if it were presented to me for something that I did a whole lot of work for or that I was proud of, I can imagine that it would make me feel appreciated..... I might find a place for it in my home office.

Now some big honkin' tacky thing.... I might appreciate the sentiment, but I would agree with your opinion. I'd rank it right up there with a hallmark card.

Not so good for a lady I suppose..... but I've often thought that a miniature Pack Flag, something no bigger than say 5in x 7in, in a nice frame, maybe with all the boy's names.... might be something I would like to hang on my wall when I'm through with all of this drama.

I'm speaking from a man's perspective, but I would agree that if presented in a well organized fashion with a hug from each boy, that would form a strong memory for most ladies for sure!

You are correct. It should be something SHE would enjoy, not what I THINK she would enjoy. #1 Guy Rule - SHE IS ALWAYS CORRECT. :)

Stosh

For you to say thank you to your wife ... a plaque? Only if you incorporated your marriage as a business.

Go right to giving nice jewelry and a nice dinner. Maybe you can find jewelry with stones in a cub scout color. How about a nice gold chain? Or a decorative pin.

Jewelry goes much further. Gave my wife extremely nice jewelry each time one of our sons were born. Diamond ring, necklace, ear rings, etc...

In our district we have a "Spousal Award" which is awarded to supportive spouses at the district dinner. Too few of them are handed out IMO.

There is this: http://www.scoutstuff.org/wife.html - which is a certificate (there's a husband one too).

The only reason I get to be a SM is my wife supports me in the work. I know of a lot of people who are not in the program because of spouse concerns. That's unfortunate. Make sure that all you new Scouters out there get the wording correct in your prenuptial agreements.

Stosh

In our district we have a "Spousal Award" which is awarded to supportive spouses at the district dinner. Too few of them are handed out IMO.

There is this: http://www.scoutstuff.org/wife.html - which is a certificate (there's a husband one too).

I totally agree that a spouses support is a key ingredient and she should be recognized. An neglected wife has cost many a Troop a good Scoutmaster. That is why I probably could never do it...

Buy a CM position patch. Have local monogram shop add (I would use red) "Wife of" in before Cub Master. Add the flowers and the scout handshake from every single cub in the pack, take pictures of her with the boys, and I think you have a winner.

• Upvote 1
Buy a CM position patch. Have local monogram shop add (I would use red) "Wife of" in before Cub Master. Add the flowers and the scout handshake from every single cub in the pack, take pictures of her with the boys, and I think you have a winner.
good idea.