pack management software

I've gotten side tracked, need to get back on this.

still haven't found something that's not cluttered up with award tracking though....

just want something good at

• email serving
  • announcements
  • calendar
  • photo & file sharing

If you don't need the awards tracking portion you can expand you search to non scouting software. I would look into Sharepoint or search for Sharepoint alternatives.
There sure are a lot of choices, but many of these are never mentioned when this topic comes up. I find that telling.

also a bit disturbing. If there are that many options, that screams that there are a lot of people out there that see a need. Several of these I rarely if ever see mentioned here in discussions with active scouters..... so, how many of these services are about to fold?

Also, there really doesn't seem to be one clear solution that really shines and answers most folks needs or wants.

Personally, I think most of this "conflict" comes from too much focus and getting hung up on award and rank tracking when that just simply doesn't need to be a big deal. Maybe I have that wrong......

Still, I spent a few minutes just now, making a list

I was thinking of making a matrix to eliminate the ones that don't have what I need..... things like file sharing for the committee (things like notes, inventories, meeting minutes), email, photo share, etc...

Anyway, here's what I found in the last few minutes. Am I missing any good ones?

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: white]cubscouttracker.com[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: white]Cubtrails.com[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD] denmanager.com

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]myscoutlink.com[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ourgrouponline.com[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Packmaster[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Scoutbook.com[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]scoutjourney.com[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]scoutlander.com[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]scoutmanage.com[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]scoutmanager.com[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]scouttrack.com[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]shutterfly.com[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]soarol.com[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]trooptrack.com[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I doubt many of these are about to fold because of lack of demand. My guess is that they were created by a software developer who was involved with a unit and created his own dB to track. He then decided to market that software. It isn't like these companies have a staff of people and a need to make payroll.

Once the dB was created I don't think there is a lot of update from the dev side that need to occur. Also once a unit gets the software they are probably unlikely to switch to another software so you get the annual license renewal for very little up keep.

I guess I am not following how your unit keeps track of the scouts progress. I would not want to attempt to remember who showed up to what meeting and worked on what items.