Did Boys Scouts Damage a Vietnam Memorial?

Resolve this quickly! If we are responsible, pay the $5K to replace and if we are not, pay some amount as this happened while scouts were there.

http://www.local15tv.com/shared/news/features/top-stories/stories/wpmi_did-boy-scouts-damage-vietnam-memorial-5959.shtml

Some scout(s) must have seen this happen.

My $0.02,

Sadly, the odds greatly favor kids hanging on it. Even if that's not what happened, most people will assume it. This requires a firm but calm effort by the professionals in Mobile to talk to leaders of units who were there when it happened. If kids did it, they need to understand the meaning of their play. It's part of Scout training to take responsibility. I'm sure if it was an authorized Scout event, there was liability insurance in effect for it.

Unfortunately it could be scouts from any council as they have a program that attracts scouts from all over.

And it could ANYBODY who was at the park that weekend. It's just that the scouts will get the blame.

One time when I was on the ALABAMA with their overnight program, a sorority was having their winter formal in the officers' wardroom. Kinda funny with me in all black clothes for a game of manhunt with the scouts talking to a friend in her formal dress that I had not seeni n a while.

Not defending the Scouts actions in any way, but sometimes when you design and place this type of art, you have to think about the type of interaction the public will have with such a piece. The design looks kind of like something you would see at a playground, and the placement in the middle of turf provides easy access to those who want to touch and climb it. Sounds like the replacement version will be stronger, and hopefully they will plant some plants around it that sends the message to "keep away".

One of the reasons I don't like cub events like this in a public venue..... Boys damage stuff, especially when mom and dad let their guard down and fail to keep an eye on the lad. I have spent money to repair cub damages at venues.

I hope that the boy and parents involved man up and cut a check to the council I doubt it, Millennial's....

I wonder if they will be invited back or allowed to reserve it next year

One of the reasons I don't like cub events like this in a public venue..... Boys damage stuff, especially when mom and dad let their guard down and fail to keep an eye on the lad. I have spent money to repair cub damages at venues.

I hope that the boy and parents involved man up and cut a check to the council I doubt it, Millennial's....

I wonder if they will be invited back or allowed to reserve it next year

Ever notice at an activity how parents tend to "cluster yak" in one spot rather than disperse themselves.