needs some advice- dealing with another leader

Today's meeting was awesome. The boys had as much fun as that summer day, when we let them swim in a mud hole. I am so glad I stuck to my guns and had them make catapults!

Unfortunately, I came home to find that the bear leader has been spreading lies about me. It really sucks.

This is the same bear leader who hates the wolf leader? Wall your den off from the drama and Happy Cub Scouting.
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today's meeting was awesome. The boys had as much fun as that summer day, when we let them swim in a mud hole. I am so glad I stuck to my guns and had them make catapults!

Unfortunately, I came home to find that the bear leader has been spreading lies about me. It really sucks.

Agree with Stosh. Furthermore, the nice thing when someone lies about you, you know to believe the opposite when they "help" you by providing an opinion about someone else,

^^ Yeah, the bear leader has told me all sorts of things about other people at church- including the wolf leader.

I wish I could cut myself off from all the rest of the committee. The committee chair (dictator) really stirred the pot. We were all fine and happy, just going along and doing scouts until she came along and started ordering us about. I try to avoid her as much as possible, but she's the one buying the awards, so I have to communicate that to her- except a lot of the time she will decide who does or doesn't deserve an award and just won't go buy it, despite the fact that I'm the den leader and if I say a boy has earned something, then she needs to go with that. Anyway, the drama continues with the transition to boy scouts... My boys have less than 3 weeks till the Arrow of Light ceremony and we still don't know which troop the boys are going to join.

So are you done with cubbies then, or will the LDS church assign you a new den? If done you only have a few more weeks so count to ten and barrel on through.

Hmm.. A pain to have a CC like that, don't know if that is better then the LDS volunteer I had in my patrol at Woodbadge. It was an LDS group, and most had poor committees, but he just had me laughing.. First week he didn't know what to write for a ticket because he was on the committee but no one did anything or had any positions on it.. Next week, he was good, had his ticket all flushed out. He said he was the Committee Chair.. "Oh great!" I said "You just got that!".. He said "No, I've been committee chair for a few years. I just didn't know it." Hmm.. no wonder the committee wasn't do much of anything.