So the council charges $40 for the life to Eagle seminar.

Looking at the Eagle app, and Eagle requirements......I am wondering.

So what am I missing????? I looks pretty straight forward.

What is not written in the books or requirements that would require a day long seminar, there is no list of topics or discussions on the seminar sheet????????????????

They're CHARGING for this??

Have the boy choose an Eagle Coach/Advisor and receive the same services 1:1, and for free.

There is NO requirement to attend a Life to Eagle seminar. If Council tries to mandate this, they are "adding to the requirements." Tell 'em no.

They're CHARGING for this??

Have the boy choose an Eagle Coach/Advisor and receive the same services 1:1, and for free.

There is NO requirement to attend a Life to Eagle seminar. If Council tries to mandate this, they are "adding to the requirements." Tell 'em no.

Looks like it is geared toward troop leaders.

I was considering attending, I am concerned I am missing something, but can't figure out what.

They are free around here, though just an evening seminar. Take it with a grain of salt as you have expressed before GSLAC has a bad program. I found a PDF of a ppt on the council site for a neighboring district. Doesn't seem to be anything that you wouldn't know already except specific procedures for who to contact etc in your district. My district holds EBORs weekly others have them less frequently. http://www.stlbsa.org/districts/boone-trails/documents/life%20to%20eagle%20seminar%202012.pdf

They are free around here, though just an evening seminar. Take it with a grain of salt as you have expressed before GSLAC has a bad program. I found a PDF of a ppt on the council site for a neighboring district. Doesn't seem to be anything that you wouldn't know already except specific procedures for who to contact etc in your district. My district holds EBORs weekly others have them less frequently. http://www.stlbsa.org/districts/boone-trails/documents/life%20to%20eagle%20seminar%202012.pdf
From what you have said about your council it's program blows......

Well except for your SE's $380k total comp package.....that is epic.

Like so many things today, people seem to think they have to have special explanatory seminars to be sure they understand plain English. I have had Eagle candidates come to me with their application and ask me how to fill it out. I ask if they read it, and they said no. What is scary is that most that reach that point are at the top of their peer groups in most areas. Similarly, we have the "feed me the answers" syndrome with merit badges. We have to have work sheets to guide us, or we cannot do the requirements. And, as we have noted here before, most scouts have never read the pamphlets for the MB's, even if the unit has them available for them.

Of course, most of these things can be worked out by themselves if they simply try it. People want to be looked upon as capable and so on, yet they so often act as if they cannot do anything without someone guiding them or something. It can be very frustrating.

I would find out who's instructing and ask them what the objectives of the course are. More than the $, what's a morning of your time worth? I'd rather be camping. Speaking of which, time to load up. See y'all.

I believe they have something like this around here too though not certain about it yet. It does sound like another complete waste of time and money. The eagle workbook explains all of this already and if you have a question after actually reading it talking to your sm is free. I find it hard to believe that no one in your troop would have enough knowledge to be able to assist a scout needing help.