I do not need an excuse to go camp. I may need my wife's permission, but never an excuse.

The only excuse I have to come up with is why she can't go, too. She even checks each time to "make sure I have two-deep", just in case I don't, then she gets to go!

I have also been warned that if the activity involves rivers, lakes or even creeks, she will need to go or I can't go either. :)

Stosh

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The IOLS is not just to help unexperienced old guys learn how to be a Scout. It involves cooperating with other Scouters, making new friends, learning Other Ways To Do It, correcting Wrong Ways Of D

You don't know what you don't know until someone challenges you.   You don't know what all you possibly can learn from a class until you go.   There are many things that can be learned at an IOL

He's got to take the course get over it. ​It is typically only a weekend, no big deal. There was a huge debate about testing out for boys like this, there is no way for it to be done in an

I cannot recall an IOLS course where I didn't learn something valuable from a "participant." Collective experience is a wonderful thing. Attending is an opportunity to share.

It is my opinion that IOLS should be a course on how to teach TSF outdoor skills so Scouters can teach the leaders in their troop. (Otherwise, why the "Leader" in the title?) If it were such a course, then someone believing they had mastered outdoor skills might be more open to taking the course.

A common observation is that the time allocated allows only a relatively superficial coverage of the topics, even by TSF standards.