How many birthdays are you willing to admit?

I have been trying to figure out the age of the posters on this site, but everytime I think I know how old someone is they post some thing that blows my guess out of the water.(like being a Jethro Tull fan or remembering events that happened before I thought that person was even born) I think this might suprise quite a few of us.If anyone is brave enough to post their real age,great,otherwise just an approximate age group.(IE:I recieved my Eagle in 19xx.) For the record I was born in July of 1964.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this fascination with age? It came up all over the place while doling out popcorn today. And now I read it here.

I won't give my date of birth on the internet. Having had my identity stolen once, I don't give out D.O.B (specific) and Social Security number in any sort of non-required format.

Having said that, I realize that calling myself an "old professional" may have led some to believe I'm older than I am. I am also a 29 year veteran of the BSA.

I'm turning 38 next month.

Lord, I used to think that 30 was old. Had a hard time with my 29th birthday. I have a young mother and young father. I remember both of their 30th birthdays. My father's dad died of a heart attack when he was 38 -- just a few months before I was born.

My wife says that old is 10 years older than you are. I think it's extended beyond that. Nowadays (us old timers get to say that as one word) when someone dies in their 70's we say, "he was relatively young."

I'll be interested to see the other responses in this thread.

DS

40 -- and depending upon which Scouter I'm spending time with, I'm either called a baby (can't believe at 40 there are those who think me that young--lol) or an old lady. Our second-year Webelos for some reason were wondering how old I was and their reactions were hysterical. They just couldn't believe I was so old. The kids don't see the adults as quite so old when they wash cars with them, side by side, when they hike together, when they play games together, and when doing the stuff of Scouting. (Now you know why I'm registered ;))

At least I'm not as old as DS :) ....he'll be collecting social security real soon...

For me, born 37 years ago

The body of a 30 something

Mind of a 20 somthing

Act like a 10 something

At work I'm known as the youngster, at the Scout troop I'm know as one of the Geezers.

"...Second star to the right and straight on till morning..."

I won't grow up.

I don't wanna go to school.

Just to learn to be a parrot

And recite a silly rule.

If growing up means it would be

Beneath my dignity to climb a tree

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow u-p

Not me.

I won't grow up

I don't wanna wear a tie

Or a serious expression

In the middle of July!

And if it means I must prepare

To shoulder burdens with a worried air...

I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow u-p

Not me!

I may mature, but I won't grow up!

Before the dream times my spirit was created maybe 13 000 000 000 years ago from the stuff of the cosmos. For the moment, I travel the journey of self awarness called life. Ever moving, and ever constant I go forward to the Spirit Gatherer. Thus the markings of time by man has no meaning for this journey is eternal....